“It is not safe to prophesy where they are going. But they are going somewhere..." John Dewey wrote speaking about China where he lived between 1919 and 1921. China proceeds, yesterday as today, with a rhythm in which breakages represent continuity of the Chinese cultural world. From Confucio, “King, without crown", master and intellectual of the pre-imperial period to Mao Zedong, enrolled at a teacher training college engaged in founding a new educational practice before focusing definitely on politics.
History of Education and stories about educating in which theory of philosophical, religious and political thinking is always intertwined with informal educational or institutional praxis.
Instructing and educating to form administrational classes - and enhance the State- and culture as cultivation of the Self, moral or patriotic education. China as a mysterious object and “Absolute Other” or as a subject able to influence other countries, to embrace and re-elaborate foreigner contributions in original ways.
Il Primopiano of Educazione Aperta’s next number wants to explore the Chinese educational world, its movements and its harbours according to two main axes inside relations between the past and the present and between models and practices.
In particular, we are interested in collect contributions about the following topics:
- Cultural and pedagogical models developed along historical chinese course and their influence on the present chinese society.
- Connections, contrasts, references between pedagogy and educational practices and chinese and no chinese educative practices, in particular with the Active School thinkers.
- Trasformazioni della società cinese e il suo impatto sulle questioni politico-educative attuali. Minoranze etniche e linguistiche; rapporto tra città e campagna; questione ambientale; meritocrazia e gerarchia; il ruolo del partito-stato a scuola o università; cambiamenti demografici e pianificazione familiare; uso e sviluppo delle tecnologie digitali.
- Organisational and normative aspects of the Chinese educational system. From the general issues of planification to everyday life schooling. Reforms and recent changes.
- Italian teachers' experiences in China.
- Experiences of cultural exchange among Italian and chinese schools, of Chinese teaching as foreigner language in Italy and of openness of italian studying programmes to chinese culture.
- Transitions, frictions and good practice between chinese schools and italian schools, in the context of chinese migration. The ways in which Sino-descendants live, interpret and influence their schooling and academic context in arrival.
- University Chinese students abroad: projects and perspectives.
- must be unpublished
- can be write in Italian, English, Spanish, Portuguese or French
- must strictly comply according the editorial rules available at this link: https://educazioneaperta.it/guidelines.html
The abstract should not exceed 500 words in English and in the language of the article (if it is different from English), by 31.05.2022 to email@example.com.
The editorial staff will communicate the selected proposals by June 15, 2022.
Complete articles must be received by July 31, 2022.
Accepted paper, at the end of a double-blind review process, will be published in issue 12 of Educazione Aperta in December 2022.
For more information: https://educazioneaperta.it